When you invest in a custom kiosk, it's like any other major equipment purchase. It's important to think about the entire process and consider all aspects of your investment start to finish. Purchasing a custom kiosk or custom vending machine can be tricky for first-time buyers. There are a lot of questions to ask, and you may not even know what you should ask. We've put together a brief buyer's guide to better prepare you for the questions you need to ask and answers you need to know when buying a custom kiosk.
What is the Purpose of Your Custom Kiosk?
- What kind of user experience do you want?
- Will you need specific kiosk software?
- Is there an existing system you will use on your kiosk or will you need custom software?
- Do you need a completely customized kiosk or can you modify existing models and software that already exists?
What is Your Budget?
- Do you know everything that will be included in the kiosk pricing?
- Does your kiosk come with preinstalled software?
- Is there a warranty, and if so, for how long?
- What does the warranty include? How easy is it to get replacement parts and service if needed?
Where Will You Place your Kiosk?
- Are you going to place it indoors, outdoors, or in a lobby?
- Will the kiosk be unattended? Who will attend to it when it needs attention?
- Do you have a proper electricity source nearby?
- Will your kiosk need internet cable or WiFi?
What Type and How Many Kiosks Will you Need?
- Which screen size do you want?
- How many people do you anticipate using the kiosk?
What Kind of Kiosk Options will you Need?
- Will you need a printer?
- How will you brand your kiosk?
- What are the design options?
- What color?
- Do you need graphics?
What kind of Kiosk Manufacturer are You Purchasing From?
Purchasing your custom kiosk from an experienced and proven company ensures you’ll get what you need.
- What kind of experience does the company have?
- Do they have good references?
- Do they make American made kiosks?
- What kind of warranty and support do they provide?
- Can they manufacture in-house parts?
This brief introduction should get you thinking about what essential questions about your kiosk. If you're not sure about the answers, don't worry, we can help you answer a lot of these questions.